To Download the most current version of WinID3:
- Print this page to use as a guide
- Read and accept the End-User License Agreement
- Read and understand these directions
before moving to the FTP
- Turn-off your Fire-Wall.
- Most downloading problems are due to a fire-wall not
allowing an executable program to be downloaded
- Create a folder (directory) on your hard
drive to receive the file to be downloaded.
A good choice for the folder is C:\hold
- Move to the FTP by clicking on the link below
- Download winid3 setup.exe by Double-Clicking on
the winid3 setup.exe logo. Save the file to the folder
that was just created. (C:\hold)
- Exit from your browser
- Turn-on your Fire-Wall.
- Winid3 setup.exe is a self-extracting zip program.
- Write down the location where the unzipped files will be created.
- Run winid3 setup.exe
- A number of files will be created. One of the files is setup.exe
- Run setup.exe to install WinID on your computer.
- New users are encouraged to accept the
- WinID can be easily networked. Place the
database on the server.
Each individual computer runs its own instance of
WinID and uses the database on the server.
- Some individuals have reported problems attempting to
run WinID3 on Windows98 platforms. If you have problems with WinID3 on
your Windows98 computer do the following: Download the file winid98.exe.
This is a very long file of nearly 15 meg. Run winid98.exe to
self-extract many files. One of the extracted files will be setup.exe. Run
setup.exe on the computer you had the problem with to install WinID3 and a
different set of data access files.
Copyright © 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
James McGivney, DMD
All rights reserved.
This page updated:
June 11, 2004