WinID codes are an extension of CAPMI codes. A
primary codes and up to five secondary codes may be specified. A dash (-) is
placed between the primary and secondary codes.
If you are unsure of a secondary code leave the code
out. Most searches in WinID utilize only the primary codes.
The dental portion of the data entry form should be
filled out by a Board Certified Forensic Odontologist. Please contact the American
Board of Forensic Odontology at Telephone (719) 636-1100; FAX (719) 636-1993; Postal
address P.O. Box 669, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-0669, for the name of a forensic
odontologist in your area.
Use your browser's back button to return to preceding page
- M - mesial surface of tooth is
- O - occlusal surface of posterior
tooth is restored.
- D - distal surface of tooth is
- F - facial surface of tooth is
- L - lingual surface of tooth is
- I - incisal edge of anterior tooth
- U - tooth is unerupted
- V - non-restored tooth - virgin
- X - tooth is missing- extracted
- J - tooth is missing postmortem or
the clinical crown of the tooth is not present for examination. Also used for avulsed
tooth. The root or an open socket is present, but no other information is available.
- / - no information about
tooth is available.
- A - an anomaly
is associated with this tooth. Specifics of the anomaly may be detailed in the comments
- B - tooth is deciduous
- C - crown
- E - resin filling material.
- G - gold restoration.
- H - porcelain.
- N - non-precious filling or
crown material. Includes stainless steel.
- P - pontic. Primary code must
be X to indicate missing tooth.
- R - root canal filled.
- S - silver amalgam.
- T - denture tooth. Primary
code must be X to indicate missing tooth.
- Z - temporary filling
material. Also indicates gross caries (used sparingly).
- MODFL-S mesial occlusal distal facial
lingual silver amalgam restoration
- DL tooth has distal lingual restoration
- MODFL-CG gold crown
- MODFL-CHR endodontically treated tooth with
- MI-E mesial incisal resin
- X tooth missing
- V-B virgin deciduous tooth
- MO-SB mesial occlusal silver amalgam in
- X-PN missing tooth replaced with
- X-T missing tooth replaced with denture
- J missing postmortem
- MO-AZ mesial occlusal temporary filling
(or caries) on tooth with an anomaly
Copyright (c) 2014 - American Board of Forensic Odontology
All rights reserved.
This page updated: December 21, 2014